21 NCAC 19 .0608 SCHOOL EQUIPMENT
(a) Every electrolysis school certified by the Board shall provide and maintain the following equipment in accordance with manufacturers' instructions:
(1) one high frequency or thermolysis (short wave) machine;
(2) one galvanic/thermolysis (blend) machine;
(3) stainless steel, insulated, and disposable epilation probes (or needles) of sizes 002, 003, 004, and 005;
(4) at least one circuline type lamp, halogen lamp, or other type of magnifying lamp per treatment table;
(5) two treatment tables and chairs for clients and adjustable chairs or stools for students;
(6) a cabinet for towels and utilities for each table;
(7) a covered trash container for each table;
(8) covered containers for all lotions, soaps, cotton balls, tissues, and other supplies and sterilizing solutions;
(9) six dozen epilation forceps (or tweezers);
(10) one plastic puncture resistant container (for used sharps) for each table;
(11) one autoclave sterilizer, dry heat sterilizer, and ultrasonic cleaner; and
(12) audio‑visual teaching materials and equipment.
(b) Only Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved types of epilators and laser equipment shall be used by each school in training students.
(c) All epilators, laser equipment, autoclaves and dry heat sterilizers shall be monitored monthly by the school to ascertain effectiveness. Any changes from the list of equipment provided to the Board pursuant to G.S. 88A‑19(a)(3) and 88A-19.1(a)(3) shall be reported to the Board.
History Note: Authority G.S. 88A‑6; 88A‑19; 88A-19.1; 88A‑20;
Eff. November 1, 1993;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2015; December 1, 2010;
Readopted Eff. September 1, 2019.